You ask, I tell

February 23, 2012

Here are a few of the questions I have been asked over the last little while.

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
This one is easy, by the ocean. I could sit out on the beach and watch the waves for hours. Right now I live smack in the middle of Canada where it is winter for about 7 months a year, no joke. I am always looking for opportunities that will allow me to move to the coast.

What do you do for a living?
I am a full time accountant at a hog processing plant (glamorous I know!). On top of that I run a photography business and am in school to get my accounting designation.

Are you married?
I am indeed married and have been for the last almost nine years. The hubs and I started dating when I was 14 and he was 16. We moved in together when I was 15 (CRAZY!) and he was almost 17. We were crazy teenagers and though we had the whole world figured out. We got married when I was 19 and a half and he was 21. It hasn’t always been rainbows and unicorns, but we have made a pretty sweet life together.

Do you photograph destination weddings?
Yes I am available for travel anywhere in the world. Contact me at erin@erinfayephotography.com for details!

If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
Oh man, this is a tough one. There are so many places that I want to travel and explore. I think top on the list would be Iceland. My mom’s side of the family is Icelandic and I want to go and explore the land and the culture.

Other places on my must go to list are:
• Thailand
• Greece
• Italy
• Jamaica
• New York
• Portland, OR
• California (Joshua Tree National Park)
• Australia
• Alaska

What do you do in your spare time?
Hmm well spare time is a bit of a luxury in my life right now (read: there is none). I work Monday to Friday at my day job, then spend my evenings and weekends studying for whichever course I am taking at the time. Photo shoots are mixed in there along with editing. If I happen to get some time off from all of that, I usually get lost in a good book or watch a movie.

What is one thing you would change about yourself?
I am the worst at keeping in contact with people. I absolutely HATE the phone and avoid it at all costs. I tend to lose contact with people and then I just don’t know how to reconnect. I definitely need to change this!

I would also change my inability to follow through on my ideas. I get all kinds of ideas for photo shoots or projects and that’s where they says, as ideas. I just never seem to be able to put them in motion. Life gets too busy and crazy and I put these ideas on hold indefinitely. One of my goals for 2012 is to start and finish at least 3 projects.

And because I am on a role here, I also want to start taking more pictures. I need to get it out of my head that every picture needs to be perfectly composed and have the perfect light. I need to be okay with snapshots. I am missing out on so many pictures and memories because I can’t seem to get past this.

What is your favorite quote/saying?
This isn’t necessarily my favorite, but it is one that I am drawn to right now. This saying just speaks to me. It keeps me focused and forces me to push through no matter what is going on in my life.

“Trust Your Struggle”


Now you know a little bit more about me. Let me know if there are any other questions you want me to answer.

Cheers!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind words. xoxo

/// erin faye photography All rights reserved >>>>> © Blog Milk Design